With many of us still working from home, it can be very easy to consume extra calories throughout the day. When your sweet tooth craving hits, having a healthier snack to reach for will fuel your body. This will stop your sugar levels from spiking and as a result, they will not leave you feeling hungry. These banana chocolate chip cookies are the perfect sweet treat and are certainly a great hit with the kids. A reminder – these cookies do contain sugar, in other words, don’t consume the lot!
- 1 ½ cup Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter at room temp (use vegan butter for vegan option)
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 large ripe Banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (opt for vegan chocolate chips)
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius. Secondly, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with no-stick spray.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Mix for about 2 minutes until it is smooth.
- Next, add the banana and vanilla into the wet ingredients and mix on a slow speed until combined.
- After that, gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix slowly and do not overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, mix until incorporated. If the dough is warm, place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Now spoon a heaped tablespoon and place on the prepared baking sheets, 6-8 per tray, however, bake the cookies 1 sheet at a time.
- Cooking time depends on the size, for example, for small cookies bake for 8-10 minutes, large cookies bake for 10-13 minutes. You want the bottoms and edges to look slightly brown and the tops feel firm when lightly touched. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Et voila! Enjoy your banana chocolate chip cookies!
Simply fill out the form below to be the first to read our latest healthy recipes and fitness articles.