Our Indian Inspired Carrot & Lentil Soup is one of our go-to recipes! It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and cook. Made with whole ingredients that you’ll probably have stored in the cupboard at home.
- 1 Brown Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 thumbnail size piece of ginger
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 200g Red Lentils
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1 Lime
- Pinch of Fresh Coriander
- Firstly, peel and finely chop the onion, then roughly chop the carrots. In a large pan on a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and gently fry the onion and carrot for 3-4 minutes or until they have softened.
- Next, chop the chilli whilst removing the seeds. Don’t forget to wash your hands afterwards! Now, add the garam masala, turmeric, chilli and lentils. Remove the skin from the piece of ginger, finely chop, or grate and place into the pot.
- Boil the kettle, and place the two stock cubes into a measuring jug. Add 1ltr of boiling water allowing the stock to dissolve, pour into the pot and simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, chop the coriander and limes into wedges. Once the carrots and lentils are cooked, blitz together with a handheld blender (or food processor). Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves and with a slice of lime.
This soup is packed full of vitamin C which helps to manage high blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and improve the absorption of iron. It can also boost immunity, which is extremely important, especially at this time of year.
Our recipe can be adapted to suit each individual taste buds. If you love the heat, add more chilli. If you prefer chunky soups, do not over blitz. Served with crunchy croutons or french bread. To checkout our other recipes and fitness articles click HERE.
Follow Us On Social Media
See what we’re up to on a day-to-day basis.