Autumn salad – They are great for fighting the flu! Packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Not only do they keep you fuller for longer. They’re also super quick and easy to make, a win-win! Eating seasonally also has many benefits, click here to find out what they are!
Butternut squash is the perfect ingredient. 1 cup serving contains 500mg of potassium which can help to reduce hypertension (high blood pressure). This helps to avoid serious health issues like heart disease or a stroke. With half of your daily dose of Vitamin C found in butternut squash, it can also be beneficial for your skin. Butternut squash also has around 7 grams of fiber, which is important for digestion. The fiber content also creates the feeling of fullness which can also help you to manage your weight.
This 2 step recipe is perfect for lunch on the go, or for a quick and easy dinner suitable for all the family. With only on average 192 calories this is also great for a snack or a light lunch. For a more substantial meal, try adding nuts, seeds or added veg to this salad.
Time: 20 Minutes Servings: 2 Calories: 192
- 1 Butternut Squash, sliced.
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced.
- 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced.
- 1 ½ tsp Olive Oil.
- 1 Microwave Mixed Quinoa, cooked.
- A handful of pumpkin seeds.
- A bunch of salad levels.
- Cranberries/pomegranate (optional).
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Place the squash and pepper onto a roasting tray and cover with the olive oil. Season to taste, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a bowl and top with the cooked vegetables. Add a dressing of your choice, and enjoy!
To check out more recipes click here to see our latest blogs.