These healthy fish tacos are delicious! They are baked and not fried and are my go-to summer favourite meal to cook. They are perfect for lunch, dinner or even an afternoon snack! They not only taste amazing but are also made in under 25 minutes. 25 minutes, and that includes the marinating time.
There are 3 parts to this recipe, the lime sauce, crunchy salad and the tacos. Each part of these healthy fish tacos offers great nutritional value, unlike normal fried tacos. This fresh and healthy recipe is perfect for a summers evening, however, I am not sure where our summer has gone!
Although it may look like a lot of ingredients, you will probably have most of the herbs and spices already in the cupboards.
Time: 25 Minutes Servings: 2 Main or 4 Small Servings
Ingredients – Healthy Fish Tacos
- ¼ cup of Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons of light Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Lime Juice
- The zest from half a Lime
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- 2 cups of Lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup Coriander, chopped
- 2-3 Spring Onions, sliced
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- 2 teaspoons of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- ½ teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 Cod Fillets (or any white fish, snapper, tilapia)
- 8 (6-inch) soft taco tortillas
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, coriander, chilli flakes, garlic powder and salt and pepper and mix. Next, add the fish to the bowl and coat both sides evenly in the marinade. Then, place the fish onto a lined baking tray and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Whilst waiting, make the lime sauce by mixing all of the ingredients into a bowl, then set aside. Next, do the same for the crunchy salad by combining all of the ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Next, bake the fish in the oven for 9-10 minutes or until the fish is flaky when tested with a fork. Break the fish into smaller pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat the taco tortillas according to the directions on the package. Next, start to make your tacos! Divide the fish evenly, top each taco with sliced avocado, ¼ cup of the crunchy salad and pour 1 tablespoon of the lime sauce on top. Et voila!