Are you looking for a quick and easy go-the-go breakfast? Try our healthy Banana Breakfast Bars, which can be made ahead of time and are perfect on the move. They are our new favourite way to use up ripe bananas. This healthy and simple recipe is super easy and is perfect for a delicious healthy breakfast or snack at any time.
Time: 35 Minutes Servings: 12 Calories: 117
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Start by preheating the oven to 175 degrees Celcius. Next, line a square baking tray with foil and grease with butter or simply spray with cooking spray.
- Now in a bowl, mix together the bananas, egg and brown sugar. Now add in the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt stir to combine. Add half of the mixture to your pan, now sprinkle the blueberries on top. With the remaining batter, add this on to cover all of the blueberries.
- Place in the oven for around 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check whether the healthy banana breakfast bars are ready, it should come out clean. Leave to cool slightly before cutting – and enjoy!
- You can store these healthy banana breakfast bars in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container. You can also put them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Mix up the recipe, by adding different berries into the middle.
- If you’re gluten-free you can grind up gluten-free oats to substitute for the flour.
- Make ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Can also be frozen for up to two months.
- Feel free to substitute other berries for the blueberries.
- To add even more nutritional value, you can add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds or flax seeds to the batter.