Swapping your sweet tooth craving to something filling and nutritious is the start to a healthier diet. To make these protein energy balls, you don’t need to bake them and they take less than 10 minutes! They are loaded with protein, fibre and healthy fats, which will provide you with energy throughout the day.
Only 5 ingredients make up this simple recipe: oats, peanut butter, chia seeds, honey and chocolate chips. Everything is combined in one bowl and simply rolled into little balls. This no fuss, only one dish recipe is not only the perfect go-to snack for you, but it is also a big hit with kids too.
These protein balls taste more like a dessert than a healthy protein bite. They are great in the mornings as a quick breakfast or a pick-me-up in the afternoon to give you that all-important boost. These energy balls are packed full of nutrition.
- Chia Seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, antioxidants, calcium and iron. Just two tables spoons of chia seeds contain 11 grams of fibre and 4 grams of protein.
- Peanut Butter contains healthy fats, vitamins, protein and fibre. Per two tablespoons peanut butter contains 8grams of protein. This will keep you fuller for longer and is also essential for building and repairing muscles.
- Oats are one of the healthiest grains because they are a great source of important minerals, vitamins, fibre and antioxidants. They are good for weight loss, lowering blood sugar levels and help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Time: 5 Minutes Servings: 12 balls Calories: 207
- ⅔ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl, mix to combine. Place into the fridge for 15-30 minutes (optional) it makes them easier to roll.
- Roll into 12 balls and enjoy! They can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
p.s. If you’d like to see more healthy recipes, CLICK HERE to see our latest blogs.