Turkish trayback – This is inspired by the Turkish cuisine and is served with a delicious yogurt dressing. This recipe alone is 3 of your 5 a day and is low in fat. It can be thrown together super easily which makes it a perfect midweek supper. Roasting the chickpeas adds texture to this hearty dish as well as a good amount of protein. It is a perfect no-fuss dish for vegetarians and vegans or for those who are looking for a quick and easy way to get extra veg into their diets.
- 170g Fine Green Beans
- 2 400g cans of drained Chickpeas
- 1 Red Onion, cut into slices
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp each Paprika, Cinnamon and Cumin
- 2 x 225g packs Cherry Tomatoes on the vine
- A large handful of Baby Spinach
- ½ Lemon cut into wedges
- Serve with rice or wholemeal pitta bread.
For the dressing:
- 200g 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Zest & juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp of chopped Mint
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celcius. Cut the ends of the green beans and place into a bowl with boiling water cover and leave for 5 minutes. Next, put the chickpeas, onion and green beans onto a roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, sprinkle the spices and season to taste. Toss to coat and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven, add the cherry tomatoes and drizzle the remaining olive oil. Place back into the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until the veg is lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, put the yogurt, garlic, mint, lemon zest and juice into a bowl, season, and mix well. If necessary, add a splash of cold water so it is easier to pour.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove from the oven scatter over the spinach and drizzle over the yogurt dressing. Serve with lemon wedges, with pitta or rice on the side.
To see more healthy recipes click here!