Apple and cinnamon bread – my new favourite thing! I am often making banana bread and fancied a change. With apples falling from the trees, I thought this would be a perfect combination. This apple and cinnamon bread is super quick and easy to throw together. It is moist and bursting with flavour. Perfect as an evening sweet bite or works well with your morning cuppa tea/coffee!
- 375g plain flour (3 cups)
- 250g light brown sugar (1 ¼ cups)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180ml vegetable oil (¾ cup)
- 360g Greek yogurt ( 1 ½ cup)
- 3 apples (peeled & chopped into chunks)
Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes Servings: 10 Slices Calories: 459
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree Celcius. Next, grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla until combined and smooth, do not over mix. Now add the wet ingredients and the apple chunks and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 1 hour. Halfway through the baking cover the top with tin foil to prevent the bread from browning too much.
- Allow to completely cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
This bread will stay fresh when kept in the fridge for up to 7 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To defrost thaw overnight in the fridge before serving. To check out our other healthy recipes, click here.