It is so important to plan your meals in advance. This not only helps you to stay on track but this also stops you impulsive eating without thinking about what you’re putting in your body. Try our carrot coriander soup which is the perfect recipe for meal prepping as it can be placed into a container and stored in the fridge. It is only 96 calories per serving which is also a big bonus!
Failing to Plan, is Planning to Fail.
MEAL PREP MEAL PREP MEAL PREP!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, complicated or hard! It’s about knowing the tools which can help you to sustain and lead a healthy lifestyle. I shall be sharing with you recipes which I make on a regular basis. Most are great for meal prep as they can be placed into food containers and usually are my go-to meals throughout the week.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
Soups are great! They not only contain lots of vitamins and nutrients they are EXTREMELY easy to make and satisfy a hungry stomach.
Time: 25 Minutes Servings: 4 Calories: 96
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 450g carrots, sliced
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the vegetable stock, season well and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender. For about 15-20 mins.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and serve.
To preserve, place the soup in airtight containers and store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To increase the shelf-life of the carrot coriander soup, you can also freeze it! Freeze either in an airtight container or a heavy-duty freezer bag. Simply defrost overnight or heat from frozen.