Pancakes are one of our favourite breakfasts at The Trainers HQ. However, when looking to increase protein intake, recipes are often filled with protein powders which contain many ingredients I cannot even pronounce! For that reason, this is why we have created our 100% natural protein pancakes recipe, which contains whole ingredients which are naturally high in protein. They’re also great for little ones without the added sugar of normal pancakes.
Due to being a balanced meal which includes, protein, carbohydrates and fats this recipe will keep you full for a long time therefore, that you’ll avoid those 11 AM hunger pangs. Protein powders are a quick way to refuel the body if you are lacking time, however, using whole ingredients come with many more benefits. For example:
- Almonds in this recipe contain lots of healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and Vitamin E. As a result, they help to lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
- Flax seeds are loaded with nutrients, high in omega-3 fats, fibre, and high-quality protein. Consequently, they will also help to improve cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure.
- Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, as well as potassium which is great for your heart health and blood pressure. The manganese is great for your skin. Bananas also aid digestion and are great for energy.
Time: 15 Minutes Servings: 4 pancakes Calories: 209 (per pancake)
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- A Handful of Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp Ground Almonds
- A Drizzle of Maple Syrup (optional)
- Additional Fruit e.g Strawberries (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Next, add the ripe bananas and mash with a fork.
- Now, add the ground flaxseed and ground almonds and mix. Add in the blueberries and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with ½ tablespoon of oil/ a bit of butter. Now using a ladle, spoon a quarter of the mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until turning golden brow.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup, and extra fruit.
We hope you enjoy these protein pancakes as much as we do! If you need a helping hand with your fitness do get in touch.
Interested in staying up-to-date with The Trainers latest health and fitness articles and recipes?
Join our mailing list below, and receive our monthly newsletter.