Not sure about what to have for dinner? These healthy Mexican sweet potatoes are a great evening meal as they are packed full of protein and carbs which will, therefore, keep you satisfyingly full after a hard day at work. They are also super easy to make, simply bake the potatoes in the oven for around 45 minutes to an hour and then scoop out the insides, add the other ingredients, top with cheese and enjoy! Serve the healthy Mexican sweep potatoes on their own with a squeeze of lime in addition to a side salad.
Time: 1-hour Servings: 6 Calories: 264
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes,
- 1tbs of Butter,
- 1 Small Yellow Onion chopped,
- 1 400g Can of Corn drained,
- 1 Can of Black Beans rinsed,
- 2tsp Cumin,
- 2tsp Paprika,
- 30g Light Cream Cheese,
- 70g Green Yogurt,
- 25g Coriander roughly chopped,
- 6tbsp Cheddar Cheese grated,
- Salt & Pepper to taste,
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes. Whilst the potatoes are cooking, saute the onion in the butter until soft. Secondly, add the corn, beans and spices and gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes or until you can handle. Cut the potatoes in half and scrape out the flesh, leaving the skins intact. I find leaving a thin layer of potato inside of the skins helps them to keep their shape.
- Add the potato into a large bowl and mix in the cream cheese and greek yoghurt. Either in a mixer or with just a spoon, depending on how hard the potatoes are. Once combined, stir in the sauteed onions, corn, beans and the coriander and season well.
- Next, scoop the filling into the skins and top each one with the grated cheese. Place under the grill for around 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Et Voila! Enjoy your healthy Mexican sweet potatoes.
To see more healthy recipes click HERE.