Calling all pizza lovers! Do those dominos texts/adverts set off your pizza cravings? Now you do not have to worry about undoing all of your hard work. This super quick and easy healthy pizza is the perfect weekend alternative to satisfy your cravings.
DID YOU KNOW… Half a large cheese and tomato domino pizza (5 slices) is 11700 kcals!! Yes, I am also very shocked, as I can quite easily polish off half a large pizza, if not more! Goodbye dominos, hello super healthy! Our whole pizza is only 390 kcals.
By making your own pizza sauce you are immediately cutting out added sugar, salt, and preservatives. Also, by using a multigrain tortilla wrap you are eating the whole grain. This means that the product has not been processed, so therefore you’ll be getting the fiber, minerals, and nutrients. Whereas, if you eat white carbohydrates such as white wraps, bread, pasta etc, these have been processed so you will not be getting the beneficial nutrients.
Time: 10 Minutes Servings: 2 Calories: 390
- 1/2 Onion,
- 1 Garlic Clove,
- ½ Can Tinned Chopped Tomatoes,
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree,
- Black Pepper to taste,
- Oregano (Optional),
- Chilli Flakes (Optional),
- 1 Multigrain Tortilla Wrap
- 1 Cup of Grated Cheese,
- 10 Thin Slices of Mozzarella,
- Add other desired toppings, I added rocket before serving.
- Begin by added olive oil into a small pan, chop the onion and fry until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Next, add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. Season to taste and cook until heated through, roughly 3 minutes.
- Next, lay the 2 tortillas on the oven wire rack and spoon the tomato sauce evenly over both tortillas. Add the grated cheese & mozzarella on top and place into the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes and enjoy a guilt-free pizza.