Are you a chocolate lover like me? Every day my sweet tooth cravings hit me hard! It is so easy to grab the biggest chocolate bar and to demolish it all. However, in order to stay on track with my fitness goals, I am almost…always prepared!
“A healthy outside starts with a healthy inside!”
After perfecting this healthy recipe below, I now have one of my favorite go-to snacks always at hand. These avocado cookies are great for satisfying sweet-tooth cravings. I only need one cookie and I can then continue with my day.
It is very important not to cut out all ‘unhealthy’ foods, as by doing so, you’ll just be craving them even more. This intern will lead to overeating and bingeing on rubbish. Therefore, I like to help my clients to find healthier alternatives instead of cutting certain foods out completely. Avocados are high in nutritional value and will keep you fuller for longer. Your sugar levels will also not spike and crash as they would with a normal cooking, which normally leaves you hungry and craving more sugar. These cookies are full of fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants and protein, they are super easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To make a batch of 12-18 cookies you’ll need:
- – 1 Avocado, Medium Ripe
- – 1 Large Free-range Egg
- – 3 tbsp Honey
- – 135g Smooth Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- – 45g Chocolate Chips
- – 40g Cocoa Powder
- – 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and put to one side.
- Blend the avocado and honey until smooth. Then add the egg and mix until there are no lumps.
- Next, add the peanut butter and slowly add the cocoa powder 2 tbsp at a time. If the mixture looks too sticky, leave 1 or 2 tbsp out. You want the consistency to be smooth just like peanut butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand and spoon the mixture into 1-inch circles leaving roughly an inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the middle of the cookies look set, not shiny.
- Et voila! Allow your friends and family to enjoy and to try and guess the secret healthy ingredient.