Here are 5 ways to lose weight without giving up the foods you love!
Losing weight can be difficult, and giving up your favorite food can feel extremely hard, especially over the Christmas period. Here are a few simple tips to help you lose weight.
1. Drink water regularly – This simple change helps you to eat less. Drinking water just 30 minutes before your meal will also help to reduce hunger and will, therefore, prevent overeating. Ensuring you are hydrated also helps to flush toxins and waste products from your body which in turn improves your digestive system.
2. Walk, walk, walk! – Not only is walking great for the mind, but it is also a great physical activity, remember to walk briskfully to ensure the heart rate is raised a little. Try adding at least 10 minutes a day to your routine.
3. Build lean muscle – Add resistance into your daily routine with a pair of dumbbells or resistance bands. This will help convert fat into muscle which in turn will boost your metabolism. You will be burning more calories which will help you to lose weight as your body will need more calories to sustain itself.
4. Eat fibrous foods – Fiber is very filling, it is also shown to be digested slower than simple starches and sugars. Therefore, you will be naturally eating less which is what is needed for weight loss. Add beans, oats, asparagus, oranges and flax seeds to control your appetite and food intake.
5. Use smaller plates – Firstly, you are eating less and at the same time your brain thinks you have eaten a full meal. Whereas if you are using large plates, the same amount of food will look insufficient, which causes you to add and eat more. Serve ‘unhealthier’ meals on smaller plates and use larger plates for healthy meals.
I hope these 5 simple steps will help you to limit those extra lbs we gain over the festive period. Have you seen our Christmas Promotion? Click Here to find out more.