Do you have a sweet tooth? Are you often craving chocolate in the evenings in front of the TV? Instead of reaching for calorific chocolate bars, opt for these super healthy chocolate truffles instead.
They are made with just five good-for-you ingredients – dates, ground almonds, cacao powder, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. They are perfect for an evening snack and they are great for kids too.
These treats look and taste like traditional truffles but are pack full of vitamins and nutrients. The best part about these healthy chocolate truffles is that it can be made in under 10 minutes without any fancy equipment. All you have to do is put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until a sticky dough forms. Then using your hands, roll into individual balls and coat in cacao powder.
Dates have a low glycemic load, which means, unlike refined sugars they will not cause your blood sugar levels to spike. They are also high in potassium, B6, fibre and contain a small amount of iron. Almonds are high in protein and also help you to top up on important minerals such as manganese which promotes strong bones and helps to regulate your blood sugar levels. The olive oil is a healthy fat and contains antioxidants which have many powerful benefits, such as reducing the risk of heart disease.
Time: 10 Minutes Servings: 28 Truffles Calories: 60
- 340g pitted medjool dates (around 17)
- 80g of crush/whole almonds
- 25g cacao powder + extra for rolling
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz for around 2-3 minute, or until a sticky dough forms.
- Next, using your hands roll about 2 tablespoons of mixture into balls and then roll in the extra cacao.
- Lastly, place onto a plate or airtight container and place into the fridge.